Sat, Sep 10|
Keynsham Baptist Church
Keynsham Repair Cafe #12
Let's fix this! Clean it + find the cables and bits + bag it + wear a mask
Time & location
Sep 10, 2022, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Keynsham Baptist Church, High St, Keynsham, Bristol BS31 1DS, UK
About the event
We’re looking forward to helping you repair your things. It’s a little different to “before” so please read and respect the requests from our volunteers, who kindly and generously give their time, materials and skills to help others in their community.
Ooooh!! This venue is also part of "Keynsham Heritage Open Days" on this day, more info here.
- CLEAN IT – If you are bringing clothes or anything fabric, please wash it, and please empty hoovers. We don’t fix dirty things!
- FIND THE BITS - Please bring any bits that have fallen off, or "spare parts" that you know will be needed, or we can suggest where you might source them - or just turn up and we'll do our best together!
- BAG IT – please bag it and put it to one side, along with any cables, spare parts, bits that have fallen off, or anything it needs to make it work or work with.
- If you are bringing something "unusual" to be fixed, feel free to message us first.
- Come along, and register. When you register, you agree to the "Keynsham Repair Cafe House Rules & Disclaimer" - you can find the text for that below.
- We’ll invite you into the repair room when we're ready to help you - we will be keeping the repair room as empty as possible.
- Keep your distance, use hand gel, and please wear a mask – many of our volunteers have underlying health conditions, or care for those who do. This small request will help ensure our volunteers stay safe and can help others, as well as helping you.
- As usual, we require that you stay with your object. Please read the rest of the info below too – more tips to help you to help us fix your object.
- We recommend you turn up when the cafe starts to have the best chance of having your item fixed!
- Repairs are free. A donation helps us to cover the costs of consumables our volunteer repairers use.
What can we fix?
Generally we fix household "stuff" and clothes. We hope to have volunteers to help with simple electrics, electronics, plus engineering (mechanical), high street jewellery, simple laptop/software and device issues, general tinkering, glue-ing and textiles (hand sewing and sewing machine).
Things we don't do
- Microwaves (just too dangerous, sorry, unless it's a mechanical issue.)
- Darning - it takes forever!
- Antique stuff - we are not like "The Repair Shop" on the TV!
- We don't do home visits.
- We don't take things home to fix.
- We don't take donations of stuff or items in for us to sell/store/give away.
See the ABOUT section for more details.