Sun, Sep 11|
ShamXross, Somerdale Meadows
ShamXross - WCCL round 1, September 2022
Western Cyclocross League kicks off with the first event at ShamXross. Friday 9 September: confirmed, races still on. There will be a moment of respectful silence at the start of the ShamXross races.
Time & location
Sep 11, 2022, 9:40 AM – 2:00 PM
ShamXross, Somerdale Meadows, c/o Somerdale Pavilion, Tiberius Rd, Keynsham, Bristol BS31 2FF, UK
About the event
Information below updated Friday 9 September.
- Confirmed: ShamXross races are still on. There will be a moment of respectful silence at the start of the ShamXross races.
- All adults men's categories are now FULL (Senior, Junior, V40, v50, v60), ie there is no on-the-day registration for these categories, sorry, we have hit maximum course capacity. We do have space for on-the-day registration for women's and children's races. Yes we take contactless payment.
- British Cycling website: >>> here (8 September 23:56: online entry now closed).
- WCCL League registration >>> here
- Full race day schedule
- *Race Category - Sign-on Times - Practice time - Race time - Duration*
- U12 09:45 -10:10 -10:30 -15 mins
- Youth (14-16 Boy+Girl) 10:20 -10:35 -11:00 - 30 mins
- Women+Vet 50 Men 11:00 -11:35 -12:00 - 45 mins
- Vet 50 Men Sen, Junior, V40 Men 12:00 -12:45 -13:00 - 45mins
- Parking: by special arrangement, is free *if* you register at reception. If you don't register, be warned the fines are significant.
- Please do not park in residential areas.
- No dogs beyond the patio: sorry, them's the rules for sports grounds
- ShamXross, and access to the site are all on private land, there is no public access. There is a new permitted path along the edge of the river. Thank you.
- Please respect the landowner's property and contact Kev Brewski via ShamXross about all access to the site, it is not (yet) a public facility. Any unauthorized use could jeopardize future events!
- Want to get involved? Support with track prep, and on the day sign-on and track marshals always very welcome, please contact Kev Brewski via firstname.lastname@example.org